"WOLSTON, a parish and township partly in the Kirby, but chiefly in the Rugby division of Knightlow hundred, county Warwick, 5½ miles S.E. of Coventry, 6 W. of Rugby, and 1 mile from the Brandon station of the London and North-Western railway, which here crosses the valley of the Avon. The village is situated on the S. bank of the river Avon. The parish includes the hamlets of Brandon, where are some silk mills, Bretford, and Marston, and a farm called the Priory, formerly an alien cell to St.Peters-super-Dinan, in Normandy, but given to Coventry Priory by Richard II."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]