"MARSTON-MAISEY, a parish in the hundred of Highworth, county Wilts, 3 miles N.E. of Cricklade, its post town. The parish, which is of small extent, is situated near the Thames and Severn canal, and is wholly agricultural. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £250. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £76. The church is dedicated to St. James. There is a National school for both sexes, with a small endowment."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]