"SEDGHILL, a parish in the hundred of Dunworth, county Wilts, 4 miles S.W. of Hindon, and 3 N. of Shaftesbury, its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is chiefly agricultural. The surface is undulating, and the soil clay alternating with sandy loam. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £250. The living is a curacy annexed to the rectory of Berwick St. Leonard, in the diocese of Sarum. The church, dedicated to St. Catherine, has a tower containing three bells. The register dates from 1760. There is a parochial school for both sexes, entirely supported by the rector."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Sedgehill is 4 miles SW of Hindon. Grid Ref ST866283. Postcode SP7 9JJ. Population 235 in 1831, 144 in 1951.