"WILSFORD, a parish in the hundred of Swanborough, county Wilts, 6 miles S.W. of Pewsey, and 7 S.E. of Devizes. It is situated on the river Severn, and is frequently written Wivelsford and Wilsford Dauntsey. The parish includes the tything of Manningford-Bohun and the hamlet of Cottenham. The living is a vicarage,* value £250, in the patronage of St. Nicholas Hospital, at Salisbury. The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas. Sir Francis Astley is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Wilsford or Wilsford Dauntsey is 4 miles SW of Pewsey. Grid Ref SU103572. Postcode SN9 6HD. Population 512 in 1831, 205 in 1951. There is another Wilsford near Amesbury.