The town of Ennis was the center of newspaper publishing in this county. However, because of its proximity to Limerick city, many of the Limerick city newspapers also contain material of relevance to the south of County Clare.
- A card index to biographical notices in Limerick, Ennis, Clonmel and Waterford newpapers up to 1821 (50,000 items) is available on microfiche from Ms. R. ffolliott, Glebe House, Fethard, County Tipperary. Copies are in the National Library of Ireland in Dublin, Waterford Municipal Library and elsewhere.
- Dunboyne Collection of newspaper clippings, which covers Clare trials, town commission affairs and church affairs, 1824-79.
- Clare Advertiser; 1668-88
- Clare Freeman and Ennis Gazette; 1853-84
- Clare Independent and Tipperary Catholic, became Independent and Munster Advertiser in 1881; 1876-85
- Clare Journal and Ennis Advertiser; 1807-1917
- Ennis Chronicle, became Ennis Chronicle and Clare Advertiser in 1802; 1789-1831
- Kilrush Herald and Kilkee Gazette; 1874-1922
Source: Irish Records, Sources for Family and Local History, 1950, by James Ryan.