"BALLYCONRY, a parish, in the barony of IRAGHTICONNOR, county of KERRY, and province of MUNSTER 3½ miles (N. W. by W.) from Listowel. The population is returned with Lisseltin. This small parish, which is also called Ballyconry-derico is situated on the road from Listowel to Ballybunnian; and comprises 1,118 statute acres. In ecclesiastical matters this is a distinct parish, but in civil affairs it is considered as forming part of the parish of Lisseltin." [From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland by Samuel Lewis (1837)]
Note: The Civil Parish of Ballyconry ceased to be used for census purposes in the mid nineteenth century when District Electoral Divisions (DEDs) were introduced.
The parish of Ballyconry seems to have effectively ceased to exist in the Church of Ireland. There was no church for centuries, and the parish was held by the Precentor of the diocese until 1925. If there were any protestants in the parish, they would presumably have worshipped at Ballybunion.
In the Roman Catholic church, Ballyconry was united with several other parishes in the parish of Ballybunion and Ballydonoghue.
No registers for the Church of Ireland have survived
The Roman Catholic Registers for Ballybunion and Ballydonoghue cover: Baptisms 1831 - 1880 Marriages 1837 - 1880 The registers remain in the custody of the parish priest, although microfilm copies are at the National Archives of Ireland. Written permission from the Bishop of Kerry is required to view these records.