Dyfed FHS have photographs and data relating to various churches and chapels on their site
Parish registers: Christenings (1787-1977), Marriages (1756-1971), Banns (1878-1959) and Burials (1787-1896) are at the Carmarthenshire Record Office.
Facsimile Parish registers: Christenings and Burials (1787-1812) and Marriages (1813-37) are at the National Library of Wales.
Copy ts PR index CB (1813-75) M ( 1756-1875) at NLW and Carm.RO
Bishops' Transcripts, covering the period (1672, 1678, 1694, 1697-1700, 1711, 1713, 1716-17, 1719-22, 1724-9, 1731, 1733-4, 1736-43, 1745-9, 1752-62, 1764-7, 1769-72, 1775-8, 1780, 1782-3, 1785, 1787-1800, 1802-12, 1814-33, 1835-53, 1855, 1871-3, 1875-6) are at the National Library of Wales, and have been microfilmed by the LDS.
Marriage index for this parish - see Dyfed Marriages, 1813-1837, Vol. 17 - Cathinog Hundred (Dyfed Family History Society, c1989)
See Bap/Mar/Bur data on FreeReg
- Penybont (Baptist, bef 1774), Pontwelly (on CMN side of bridge from CGN) Births (1801-65) and other documents (1845-92) NLW Ms 1099-1100A There is a detailed history of this chapel in Hanes Plwyf Llandyssul 1896 [The History of Llandysul], by Rev W J Davies 1896, translated by Ivor Griffiths On Dyfed FHS
- Hebron (Baptist, 1830), Hebron, near Nantgwair in Llanfihangel-ar-arth parish Records with those of Penybont (Llanfihangel-ar-arth), Ffynnonhenry (Conwil Elfed), and Ebenezer (Llandysul) SN41683566 Hebron Welsh Baptist, Hafod, Pencader Built 1830/1, enlarged 1862 and restored 1886. Enlarged again 1905. Still open 1998 Coflein See Welsh Chapels and Churches for a photograph On Dyfed FHS
- Moriah Baptist chapel, Pencader SN44553573 Built ? 1896/7 & enlarged 1903. Still open 1998 Coflein On Dyfed FHS
- Salem (Calvinistic Methodist, bef 1795), New Inn Births and baptisms (1817-36) PRO RG4/4477, LDS 815972, IGI On Dyfed FHS Salem New Inn, Pencader still open in 2006
- Bethel (Calvinistic Methodist, c1908), Pencader On Dyfed FHS
- Pencader (Independent, 1650), Pencader (Hen Gapel) Births and baptisms (1825-37) PRO RG4/2257, LDS 815972, IGI SN44543613 Built c.1650s, with another? dating from the 1670s, rebuilt 1785. Present building dates from 1827, rebuilt/modified 1839 & 1869. Old chapel restored & partly converted to secular use in 1980s, chapel use above & workshop below in 1997 Coflein On Dyfed FHS
Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for this chapel (in Welsh ) - with translation by Maureen Saycell (March 2009)
- Tabernacl Ind chapel, Pencader SN44563592 In 1909 the present Capel Tabernacl built Coflein On Dyfed FHS Tabernacl Ind chapel, Pencader shown as still open on the Union of Welsh Independents site (Dec 2006)
- Troedyrhiw alltwalis (Independent, 1784), Troedyrhiw Alltwalis Records with those of Pencader SN44543178 Built 1784, [re]built 1832/3 and rebuilt again 1897. Coflein On Dyfed FHS under Llanllawddog Alltwalis Ind chapel shown as still open on the Union of Welsh Independents site (Dec 2006)
Rees, Thomas & John Thomas. Hanes Eglwysi Annibynnol Cymru (History of the Welsh Independent Churches), 4 volumes (published 1871+). Here is the entry from this book for this chapel (in Welsh ) - with translation by Gareth Hicks (Dec 2008)
- Gwyddgrug Ind chapel, Pencader SN46473566 Built 1889 Coflein On Dyfed FHS Shown as still open on the Union of Welsh Independents site (Dec 2006)
Pencader [formed out of Llanfihangel-ar-arth]
Christenings (1883-1952) Marriages (1886-1969) Burials (1883-1935) at Carm.RO