In 1868, the parish of Llanfihangel Glyn y Myfyr contained the following places:
"LLANFIHANGEL-GLYN-Y-MYFYR, a parish, partly in the hundred of Isaled, county Denbigh, and partly in that of Edernion, county Merioneth, 6 miles N.W. of Corwen, its post town, 2 from Cerrig, and 12 S. of Denbigh. It is situated on the river Allwen, and includes the townships of Cefnnpost, Gysulog, Llysan, and Maesyr-Odyn. The country is hilly and mostly devoted to pasture. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of St. Asaph, value £215, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. The Calvinistic Methodists have a chapel. There are small charities of about £1 per annum. Jones, the archaeologist, takes the title of his work, "Myvyrian Archæology," from this place. A fair is held on the 16th February."
"GYSULOG, a township in the parish of Llanfihangel-Glyn-y-Myfyr, county Denbigh, 6 miles N.W. of Corwen."
"LLYSAN, a township in the parish of Llanfihangel Glyn-y-Myfyr, county Denbigh, 6 miles N.W. of Corwen."
"MAESYR ODYN, a township in the parish of Llanfihangel-Glyn-y-Myfyr, county Denbigh, 10 miles S.W. of Ruthin."