In 1868, the parish of Dyserth contained the following places:
"DYSERTH, a parish in the hundred of Prestatyn, in the county of Flint, 4 miles N.E. of St. Asaph. It is situated near the sea-coast. A castle formerly stood here, but was destroyed in the 13th century; there are now very few remains. Lead is obtained in the neighbourhood. The living is a perpetual curacy,* in the diocese of St. Asaph, value £113, in the patronage of the bishop, who holds the manor. The church, dedicated to St. Bridget, stands in a small vale, surrounded and overshadowed by yew-trees. It has two handsome stained-glass windows. In the churchyard are some ancient monuments and a cross. There is a district church at Dylife, the living of which is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Bangor, value £200, in the patronage of the Bishop of Llandaff: In a neighbouring wood is a very large cromlech, quite perfect. The charities are about £2 per annum."