In 1868, the parish of Extraparochial contained the following places:
"THREAPWOOD, an extra parochial place in the hundreds of Maylor and Broxton, counties Flint and Chester, 3 miles S.W. of Malpas. Wrexham is its post town. It is situated near the river Dee. There are brick and tile kilns. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph, value £87, in the patronage of the Bishop of Chester."