GWAENYSGOR

In 1868, the parish of Gwaenysgor contained the following places:

"GWAENYSGOR, a parish in the hundred of Prestatyn, county Flint, 7 miles N.W. of Holywell, and 4 N.E. of Rhyddlan. It contains the townships of Garnedd, Hevylbren, and Llan. The surface is hilly, and chiefly pasture. Coal and lead are found in various parts of the parish. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph, value £178, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The register commences in 1538."

"GARNEDD, a township in the parish of Gwaenysgor, county Flint, North Wales, 4 miles N.E. of Rhuddlan."

"HWYLBREN, a township in the parish of Gwaenysgor, county Flint, 4 miles N.E. of Rhyddlan."

"LLAN, a township in the parish of Gwaenysgor, hundred of Prestatyn, county Flint, 4 miles N.E. of Rhuddlan, and 7 N.W. of Holywell. The surface is hilly, and abounds in coal and lead."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018