In 1868, the parish of Worthenbury contained the following places:
"WORTHENBURY, a parish in the hundred of Maylor, county Flint, 6 miles S.E. of Wrexham, on the river Dee. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chester, value £400. The church is dedicated to St. Deiniol. The charities produce about £4 per annum."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018