Church and chapel data from The Religious census of 1851 : A Calendar of the returns relating to Wales, Vol 1, South Wales. Ed. by I.G Jones, & D. Williams. UWP, Cardiff, 1976. The names given towards the end of each entry are those of the informants. Check with Gwent RO to see what extant records are held, and possible names of chapels/churches established after 1851.
Llangattock Parish consisting of Llangattock and the town of Caerleon; Statistics; Area 2937 acres; Population 750 males, 789 females, total 1539
- Llangattock Parish - No return
- Town of Caerleon
- Caerleon Church Attendance - morning 100 + 107 scholars, evening 180 + 87 scholars 2 services in English David Jones, Minister
- Baptist Chapel, Castle St, Caerleon Town Erected 1764, enlarged 1821 Attendance - morning 300, afternoon 66 scholars, evening 320 James Evans, Minister
- Reheboth, Prim. Methodist, Town of Caerleon Erectedb 1844 Attendance - morning 35 + 10 scholars, afternoon 12 scholars, evening 70 scholars Richard Jones, Steward
- Wesleyan Methodist Erected 1814 Attendance - morning 60 + 30 scholars, afternoon - school William Jones, Chapel Steward, Bootmaker