Newspapers information for Lancashire and places above it in the hierarchy
Most District libraries will hold a collection of newspapers on film covering their own area. Harris Library Preston holds 14 different regional newspapers. Manchester Local Studies hold the Manchester Mercury from 1752-1830 amongst others.
- UK & Ireland - Newspapers - links and information.
UK and Ireland Newspapers
- Richard Heaton provides a very useful Index of British and Irish Online Digitalised Newspapers - lists of all the titles of British and Irish Newspapers (31 different collections covering 17th to 21st Century) now available online, providing links, subscription details and dates covered.
- Wikipedia provides a very extensive List of Online Newspaper Archives. (You'll need to scroll down to find the United Kingdom section.)
- The British Library provides, in collaboration with FindMyPast, online (subscription) access, to their newspaper collection, through the British Newspaper Archive service. (As of July 2016 this had 656 titles online - see their coverage and video guide.)
- Web News - the British Library's archive of "selected UK news sites on a daily or a weekly basis since September 2013".
- The British Library's News Media Collection Guides.
- Newsplan - was a co-operative programme (involving between public libraries, the British Library, the National Library of Scotland, the National Library of Wales, the National Library of Ireland, and the newspaper industry) for the microfilming and preservation of local newspapers and for making them accessible to users.
....... (may be trimmed - see full text)